1. Be proud of who you are and where you came from but be open to new ideas.
2. Life is not perfect. Nothing is perfect. And it's okay to be sad sometimes.
3. You have to make sacrifices. Whether that means staying in on a Friday night to study or ditching the library for a few hours to relax and take your mind off work. Part of college is learning how to balance everything (this is still something I am working on)
4. Sleep is so important. Part of the reason I got so sick first semester is because I didn't take sleep seriously. For your mental and physical health it is important to not skip out on those zzzs.
5. It's okay to change your major 50 times. I went from Economics to International Relations to Political Science to Media Arts and Sciences. Part of college is discovering passions you never knew you had.
6. Surround yourself with people who genuinely care about you. They will support you through the good and bad times. I'm lucky enough to have found a lot of these kinds of people.
7. Don't sign up for a million things! I'm the type of person who loves to do everything and can't say no. It's important to find a few things you love rather than try and do it all.
8. Nothing ever turns out how you expect it to. That's what makes life a big adventure.
I have spent my first two days home relaxing, catching up with friends and family and watching A LOT of Netflix.